It was because of the tireless efforts of three French Capuchin Priests, namely Fr Edgar, Fr Victor and Fr Noel, in the year 1950 that today we have St Paul's School in its present position. They had a humble beginning in a rented house. Soon after Sisters of the St Mary of the Angels (FSMA) and Prabhudasi Sisters of Ajmer (PSA) joined the stream of education in this city of lakes. Even though the Sisters began their schools in rented houses, the fathers waited till they acquired some land in the year 1952. It was Fr Edgar, an excellent educationist, who started the school and handed it over to Fr Francis Castelino before he went back to France. From then on St Paul's School has gone through the able hands so many fathers, including Fr Avito Coutinho who managed the school for about three decades, to reach as one of the leading schools in the city. At the same time Fr Coutinho was also appointed Parish Priest to cater to the needs of the Catholic community in the city. The celebration of the Sunday Mass was being held in a hall in the school as there was no church built for the people of the area. The need of a Cathedral Church was very much felt since the then Holy Father John Paul II divided the Diocese of Ajmer to create the new Diocese of Udiapur in the year 1984. Thus on 14-02-1985 Rev. Joseph Pathalil was ordained as the first Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Udaipur. Our dream of having a new Cathedral Church was fulfilled on October 8, 2002 and dedicated it to Our Lady of Fatima as its Patroness.