Mahuri is the first of the missions to be set up by late Fr Bernard OFM Cap. in Bhil areas of Rajasthan. Fr Bernard who was the founder of the mission in Jhabua, M.P. had to look for new mission as the Jhabua mission was handed over to the SVD fathers with the division of the diocese in 1931. He came to Mahuri and settled himself there in 1933 in a tent and continued there for about 16 months because of the opposition from the Raoji of Kushalgarh. But Fr Bernard could win his confidence gradually and was permitted to build a house 1941. To his great help came in four Prabhudasi Sisters under the guidance of Sr Imelda, the first Indian Mother General of the Congregation, and settled in Mahuri. His responsibilities towards the Capuchin Society frequently took him away from the parish after the death of Bishop Guido. Fr Bernard, the great Missionary among the Bhils died in 1965 and was succeeded by Fr RH Lesser who completed the construction of the church that Fr Bernard had begun. Today the school which Fr Bernard had begun in the then substation of Mahuri called Goeka has grown to a high school with hostel facilities for both boys and girls. Mahuri mission also has a dispensary to cater to the needs of the people.