It was because of the tireless efforts of late Fr Ignatius OFM Cap. that we have the Dungarpur mission today. In 1949 Fr Ignatius came and settled in Dungarpur and became friendly with the Maharwal of the place and got Mitra Niwas as a gift. The Prabhudasi Sisters of Ajmer were ready to render their services in the education and health field. When the Maharwal heard of this from Fr Ignatius about the willingness to start a school and dispensary at Dungarpur he offered the entire Patela estate free of cost to Fr Ignatius. A Hindi Medium school was started and it run for many years and grew up to a senior secondary school. But unfortunately it had to be closed down due to lack of students in the year 2013. Instead the diocese started another English medium school in 2008 in the Mitra Niwas campus. The parish church was renovated in 2007 and Dungarpur is blessed with the grotto of our Lady which attracts thousands of people during its annual feast on December 8. Fr William DSouzaalong with Fr Sanjay Dodiyar renders his service as the parish priest and assiatant respectively.